Let's Begin at the End

Holaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Welcome to my blog!
So excited you are here. Thank you for being interested in my adventure. Unlike most stories, I'm not going to start at the beginning. I'm going to start at the end.


My feet landed back on American soil on Friday the 6th. I had been away for 8 weeks, doing my version of Eat Pray Love. My friend Diane said it was the "Dorothy in Mexico" version of "Emily in Paris". I always love coming back to the US after a long time away. My favorite part? When the immigration officer says, "Welcome home." I have Global Entry but yesterday at the airport, I stood in the wrong line and when I got to the cute immigration officer, he asked me, "If you have Global Entry, why did you wait in line?" I told him I thought the kiosks were out of service because they were roped off in a weird way, and then laughed and asked him if he could make sure to say "Welcome home" since those are the sweetest words one can hear, and he smiled and obliged. I remember first hearing those words almost 25 years ago after being away in Europe for 6 weeks, and can still feel the tingle run up my spine. Welcome home indeed.


Anyhoo, let's start with "Playa" from Playa Comida Amor (Beach Food Love). It connotes much more than a physical place where the sand meets the water. Puerto Vallarta (PV) is on the Bahia de Banderas, literally "Bay of Flags." Playa de los Muertos was where I spent every minute in which I was not working, eating, or sleeping. It was my energy, my meditation, my emotional safe space. While on a city tour of PV in my first week there, the guide mentioned that many people come to PV for vacation and end up staying much longer, and he alluded to something called "ley lines." A quick google search turned up an article "Come for a visit, stay for a lifetime." I had originally booked accommodations and my plane tickets for 4 weeks, but knew within hours of being there that I was going to stay much longer. And little did I know it would have my heart forever. (More on that in future posts. 😊) If you click the link to the article or just google "ley lines Puerto Vallarta" you can read about the energetic fields of the earth that run over PV and decide for yourself if you dare visit, as you (and your heart) may never leave.


Ending here for today, and am leaving you with a mural painted on the side of a building in PV. It's a great caricature of Playa de los Muertos. There's also a pic of me from the day tour. Also going to post a couple of sunset photos from my first few days there. Thanks for reading!










Comments

  1. This is so cool Dorothy! I want to get to the part of the story that talks about LOVE πŸ˜‚.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then buckle up because it’s going to be a ride! ♥️ -DS

      Delete
  2. Me and you under the umbrella!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for more updates with bated breath!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I’m so excited to read of your adventure! I love listening to your story (I can hear your voice with each line I read)! I too am very eager to hear about Amore!!! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps - it’s me, ESN ⭐️

      Delete
    2. It is a pleasure to share my adventure with all of you. And remember, blogs read from the bottom up! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜ PS - So good seeing you and your mom yesterday! πŸ’•

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to My Younger Self

From Ley Lines to Energy Vortexes

Food Connection Adventure❣️