Molcajete

One of the iconic symbols of PV is the Seahorse. The original sculpture is on Los Muertos beach in Zona Romántica, and its official title is "The Boy on the Seahorse." I would say that you can see the most amazing sunsets from there, but I'd be lying because you can see the most amazing sunsets from anywhere on the beach in PV. 🤣🌅 




This is the OG Seahorse (I say OG because there is a replica on the boardwalk), and it is located almost at the end of Los Muertos beach. If you walk towards the center of town, you will get to the Pier, which is gorgeous, day or night.



A little bit past the pier is a very pretty hotel called Los Arcos. There's a few swimming pools, including an infinity pool, a stage, a dance floor, and a restaurant called Mi Pueblito. Take a look for yourself:

I like this place for several reasons. 
One: the waiters are very friendly, and attentive, but also let me read my book in peace. (At this point I'm still reading Just Haven't Met You Yet, and you're probably wondering when I will finish it 😂...) 
Two: the cosmos are good. (I know I'm in Mexico but I'm Polish! Love my vodka!!) 
Three: fabulous people-watching. 
Four: amazing sunset views. 
Five: oh yeah, get ready for it: LA COMIDA. At Mi Pueblito is where I discover the "molcajete." Mmmmmhmmmmm.



The molcajete is the receptacle in which this dish is served; it's like a mortar (sans pestle) made from volcanic stone. Apparently, it's from the Aztec word for "seasoning." What's in the molcajete, you ask?
You get your choice of beef, chicken, or shrimp. I'm not a big shrimp fan, and I eat chicken all the time at home (I joke that I can make chicken 365 ways), so my choice is always beef (flank steak, to be precise)! Then, grilled panela cheese! Because, who doesn't love cheese! Yum! Also, poblano peppers, and then, something I always see at the corner grocery store at home but never buy, nopales! It's cactus, and it's delicious! My mouth waters just thinking about all those flavors merged together. 🥰 I would have to say that beef molcajete is my favorite Mexican dish so far.

And of course, no dinner would be complete without a PV sunset.


And no evening would be complete with a post-sunset stroll down the Malecon. There's the Puerto Vallarta sign- and there's fewer people there on certain days. Ah! And there's the replica of The Boy on the Seahorse! Now you know!


Remember the first art sculpture? (See previous blog for details.) But wait, there's more!


It's a surfer on a wave. Right!? 😂

Well, today was blog post number five and those of you who know me, know that I can be a pretty linear thinker AND that I like patterns. So, if it's a repeating pattern of PLAYA COMIDA AMOR, and the fifth entry was COMIDA as per the pattern, then what do you think will next week's post be about!?!? I hope you are waiting on pins and needles... for...  AMOR. 😍 (Because, you know, love!)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to My Younger Self

From Ley Lines to Energy Vortexes

Food Connection Adventure❣️