Amor de Canción (Love of Music)

 I know most of you have been on pins and needles waiting for this third blog post about none other than ... Amor. I mean, who doesn't love reading about love!? 😍

But before you all get excited and giddy and are shoveling in the popcorn while sitting at the edge of your seats, and expect me to spill ALL the Playa Comida Amor beans three posts in, settle in to your comfy spot on the couch and take this journey with me. I promise it will be worth it. (Because, you know, ... love. 😂)

As a solo female traveler (Are you one too?? See the QR code at the end of the blog post to visit the "Solo Women Travelers" Facebook group for inspiration!), feeling safe when I'm traveling alone is a top priority. I have been to 30 countries, and my perception of safety in PV ranks right up there with that in Stockholm, Strasbourg, Hong Kong, and Kyoto. While exploring this enchanting Mexican city, I ran across some beautiful messaging (Jan, I know you'll notice the butterflies! 🦋):



The stairs say (loosely translated):
"Love is all-encompassing. Love serves. Love is not envious. Love does not seek out the bad."

Whatever the reason, I felt safe in PV. This allowed me to open my own heart, and be open to the power of the universe (because, you know, ... love 😍).

One night, after dinner, I decided I wanted to return to La Palapa for some coffee and dessert. (I swear this is one of the FEW restaurants that I frequented more than once! An attestation to its overall ambiance!) When I let the hostess know that I was coming for some post-dinner relaxation (I had my book in hand... still working on Just Haven't Met You Yet), she sat me in an area close to the bar, and right by the live music. I want to share two clips that encompasses the magic, and I feel like they deserve their own title, something like Palapa Cheesecake Canción! 




Jose Carlos and his accompanist Memo play at La Palapa every night. You can follow Jose Carlos on Instagram @josecarlosmex , and I encourage you to say hello to him in the comments below! I consider myself very fortunate to have heard him play and sing so early on in my stay in PV, and therefore was able to hear him play at La Palapa several times. Countless dinner guests would approach him and tell him how wonderful his music is. So, thank you, Jose Carlos for giving me what I didn't know I needed - un amor de canción - a love for your music. I hope we are friends for a long time. 


Listening to these clips, I am able to close my eyes and get transported back in space and time. I can just feel the warm summer breeze, hear the waves crashing on the sand, and see the sunset...
Thanks for reading! See you next week!!


QR for Solo Women Travelers group on Facebook:


Comments

  1. Loved the videos…. But I want more LOVE ❤️ 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ambience is gorgeous! Perfect place for a marg and a book and live music! My favorite. Can’t wait to join you one day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to My Younger Self

From Ley Lines to Energy Vortexes

Food Connection Adventure❣️