Food, Glorious Food

Early on in my stay, I learned about a Facebook Group called "Foodies in Puerto Vallarta." If you are a foodie and plan to spend ANY time in PV, you need to join this group. Some of the best food recommendations came from the people posting on this page. You can find the QR code to join the group at the end of this post.


Los Muertos Brewing

One place I discovered was Los Muertos Brewing. It was PV's first craft brewery. I'm not much of a craft beer person, but this place reminded me a little bit of home, and believe it or not, I too am prone to the occasional pang of homesickness. So I made my way here, not that it was necessarily my destination, but as I walked by, it had the right vibe. And as soon as I sat down, it began pouring rain. Good timing! I ordered some major comfort food: a burrata salad and a goat cheese bread bowl. Do I really need to say more!? ๐Ÿ˜‹


And, eventually, while I people watched and ate happily and had my usual cosmo, it stopped raining, and I was able to walk home.


Serrano's

Another night I found myself at Serrano's. It's a steakhouse, so the night I was craving red meat I headed over there. It wasn't far from my AirBnb, was on the boardwalk, the waitstaff was friendly, and it too had a good vibe. This time, I had my book, and was able to enjoy a John Grisham thriller while I leisurely ate my dinner and watched the people going by. I decided to give a guanabana-flavored margarita a try. Mmmmmm! The waiter helped me with my pronunciation, and it's pronounced guaNAbana, with the stress on the second syllable. ๐Ÿ˜

I was also thrilled to have found another John Grisham book I liked. I had read so many of his books back in the day, and then was able to polish this one off in less than a week!

And of course, my meal wouldn't be complete with the very non-Italian way to end a meal, with a decaf cappuccino. And what would an evening in PV be without a magnificent sunset?




The Swedes

Sometimes I didn't have to walk very far at all to dinner. "The Swedes" was one of those places. Here is a view from my balcony, and you can see it on the left. If you click here, you can see my very pretty panoramic view


The ambiance at The Swedes was great. In the heart of the LGBTQ neighborhood, the staff were friendly, would leave me be to read my book, and since it was on the third floor, it had a nice feeling of getting away from it all. And the food! Although I eat everything, I was drawn to and ordered the Vegetarian Pesto Pasta, and it did not disappoint! MMMMMMMM! I would have licked the bowl clean were it not considered poor manners. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! 



Did my post make you hungry!? Are you ready to try guanabana-flavored anything!? I hope so! ❤️ See you next week!


QR code for "Foodies in Puerto Vallarta" Facebook group




Comments

  1. I love this weeks update! And the view! I want to be there again! And the memories of that Pesto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg that pesto! One of only two meals in PV that I had twice! ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜‹❤️

      Delete
  2. The drink, the food, the pics - all look amazing! Love reading your blog. I’m happy for you! ๐Ÿ˜˜ - E

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to My Younger Self

From Ley Lines to Energy Vortexes

Food Connection Adventure❣️