Loopity Loop and I had not prepared for that!

Day Two in Sedona brought more beauty and more peace. Although I'm not what you might refer to as an avid hiker, I did bring my hiking boots to Sedona. I was pleasantly surprised with how well-marked the trails were and how beautiful the surroundings were. In the morning I headed out to Airport Vortex and walked part of the Airport Loop. This is what I found.

Above is the view from the aptly named Sedona View Trail, which links the parking lot at the airport scenic outlook and the Airport Vortex site.

It was a bit chilly, especially on the shady side of the mountain.


But then you get here, and... ta-da!



Wind in my hair, rock at my feet, vortex within range... can't you just feel the energy!?

So later that day, before heading to dinner, I went on one more hike, then caught the sunset back at Airport Vortex. It was a busy day full of lots of time for reflection, and during which a love of hiking and mountains started to brew.

Here is a video from the hike at Boynton's Canyon Trail. Make sure to turn your volume up.


Didn't hear anything? I think that's what Simon and Garfunkel may have meant by Sounds of Silence.

This pre-entree photo may look familiar, though I did opt for a mango martini (mm mmm mmm!). Dinner was accompanied by live music at Sound Bites Grill (www.soundbitesgrill.com). On stage was a flamenco guitar player (oh be still my heart!) who also played current tunes.



***

Ready for Antelope Canyon? Stayed tuned, because that's where this girl and her Jeep are headed next!





Comments

  1. The pictures are gorgeous and I am so glad you liked this book. Nothing like beautiful scenes, drinks, travel and poetry!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to My Younger Self

From Ley Lines to Energy Vortexes

Food Connection Adventure❣️