Letter to My Younger Self

 As I reflect back on 2023, I am filled with gratitude. Not just gratitude, but wonder and appreciation for this life. About a month ago, while in PV, I decided to write a letter to my younger self. What I wrote came from the heart, and the end result surprised me. I am sharing it with you all here. I encourage you all to write letters to your younger selves as well - what might yours say?


Dear younger self,

Welcome to your beautiful life! You were so brave to decide at 23 that you wanted to move to Paris! You did it, and you built a beautiful life there, making amazing memories that you will cherish forever. Don’t feel bad that mom didn’t come to visit you yet- you will show her Paris on a very special mother-daughter trip in 20 years.

You love Paris and also love Stockholm. You will discover other parts of the world- on other continents- that will capture your heart as much as Europe did. You will go places. You’ll see new cities. You will meet people. You will try amazing food from unique cultures. It all awaits. Keep your adventurous spirit and always travel. I know you will remember to stop and smell the flowers. All.The.Flowers. Take your time with everything- savor every bite, every moment, every memory. I’m writing this letter to you as I sit in a dimly-lit enchanting restaurant in my (now) favorite city, being serenaded by mariachi, feeling like they are celebrating my full, blessed, one-of-a-kind life I’ve come to live. Initially thought I would write you “The best is yet to come” but actually, you’ve already started living your best life – and you’re never going to stop. You’re going to do some crazy things that will make you wonder where you left your common sense – remember Barcelona!?- but overall, you will learn how to travel smarter and pack even lighter. And love? Ah, love. You will always be surrounded by love. Your family and your friends will be your biggest cheerleaders in this life. You will make time for your favorite people, and you will make memories with them across the globe. 

I can’t advise you to not do something. Each experience is an opportunity to learn. Hurt can help us grow because it gives us a chance to witness our own strength in what seems like the darkest of times. Remember when you’re in the midst of the storm that “This too shall pass.” You are amazing. You are beautiful. You are you. Shine your light, shine it bright wherever you go. Bring kindness to every interaction, even or especially, with yourself. And always have hope. We must always have hope. 


With Much Love, 

your older, just-as-amazing self.























At Hacienda San Angel, Puerto Vallarta

with mariachi in the background











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Ley Lines to Energy Vortexes

Food Connection Adventure❣️